STAYING AT NGALA BEACH LODGE
Welcome to our luxury accommodation and friendly personal service with stunning views of both the lake and Vipya Mountains. Ngala Lodge is one of the few places on the lake that offers a view of both sunrise and sunset over the water. Ngala Beach Lodge is truly a home from home.
The spacious, individually decorated rooms will ensure comfort and privacy.
The accommodation comprises:
- 2 x Deluxe A-Frames with private veranda in private garden overlooking the beach.
- 1 x Deluxe A-Frame Family room with 2 bedrooms, lounge area and private veranda overlooking the beach.
- 6 x Executive rooms and 2 x Executive Family rooms with private verandas overlooking manicured gardens and our new infinity pool to the lake beyond.
Each room has a large bedroom with comfortable sitting area, tea and coffee station and en-suite bathroom. Twin rooms have 2 single beds and double rooms have King size beds all with super king size mosquito nets under ceiling fans.
The main lodge comprises a bar, lounge, restaurant and deck area overlooking the lake towards the Vipya Mountains. The restaurant offers good quality healthy, home cooked meals. Nearby, we have a shop selling Central and East African crafts and necessities for travellers, internet café and residents TV lounge / conference facility. The infinity pool is adjacent.
Soggy Kwacha Beach Bar:
Located on a peninsula on the beach, the Soggy Kwacha is an ideal place to laze away the afternoons in a hammock and watch the sunset or you can take a sunset cruise on “Kumbali” and enjoy the view while sipping an “MGT” (Malawi Gin and Tonic) comfortably cool in the deep water.
The beach offers thatched umbrellas with deck chairs for those who prefer extra privacy.
Weddings / Conferences:
We now have a conference room and can accommodate up to 28 people in rooms and another 25 in our dormitory. We have hosted our first beach wedding and are busy preparing various packages for future destination weddings.
- Lake: swimming; non motorised water sports including, paddle skis, snorkeling and hobie cat sailing are free to residents; cruises on our motorised cabin cruiser “Kumbali”.
- Around lodge: Bird watching (lake, wetland and woodland as well as migrating species); Beach volleyball; infinity pool; cultural evenings featuring music and dance by local artists; beach barbecues.
- Nearby: Cultural Village tour; walks on beach, in forest or to Dwambazi waterfall; golf; tennis; squash; tour of sugar mill.
- Further afield (within 1 hours drive): Horse riding; scuba diving; day trip to Nkhotakota nature reserve or stay a few nights at Tongole Lodge in the reserve